Thejo Australia Pty Ltd is committed to establishing and maintaining enduring relationships within our community which is characterized by mutual respect, active partnership, and long-term commitment.
Thejo Australia acknowledges that the management of community relationships is fundamental to business success, and that mutual respect depends on our understanding the issues that are important to our neighbours and our neighbours understanding what is important to us.
Thejo Australia recognises Indigenous people’s special connections to land and water, therefore, specific agreements are required with Indigenous groups wherever those groups have recognised legal rights or interests that coincide with Thejo Australia’s operations or dealing. Thejo Australia are committed to operate in accordance with the UN Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDIP).
Thejo Australia has an established goal of sustainable improvement and is focused on contributing to local communities with the intent to leave enduring legacies.
Thejo Australia intends to achieve this through:
- creating economic and educational opportunities, especially for those who are economically disadvantaged;
- support local cultural, social and community projects;
- ensure that cultural heritage sites are managed in consultation with relevant community authorities;
- evaluate the potential Social Risk Analysis (SRA) and establish controls to mitigate that social risks associated to Thejo Australia projects as required;
- establish mutually acceptable consultation and engagement procedures with key social groups to ensure that open communication is maintained and managed appropriately;
- as required Thejo Australia may establish specific objectives and targets relating to community contributions, community supporting activities and local employment targets; and
- conducting a thorough investigation of all alleged or raised complaints, disputes, and grievance against the Thejo Australia personnel or services. This shall be conducted by Thejo Australia top management.
Non-compliance with this Policy may result in disciplinary action which could include termination of employment.